SPI Qualified Auditor
CERISE promotes the widespread use of SPI to help financial service providers (FSPs) improve their social performance. To get the most out of an SPI audit, CERISE strongly encourages all users to get trained on how to use the tool and interpret the indicators.
The SPI Auditor Qualification is a three-stage process that involves training, practical exercises and on-site audit.
Users who successfully complete the process are considered SPI Qualified Auditors.
CERISE distinguishes between external and internal auditors:
External auditors are experts in the sector (independent consultants, investors, technical assistance providers, regulators, etc.), available to support FSPs in matter of SPM, and to conduct SPI audits with different FSPs.
Internal auditors are employees within FSPs who use SPI to assess their own organization. Internal auditors cannot conduct external audits of other FSPs outside their own organization. Internal qualification cannot be transformed into external qualification.
Why become an SPI Qualified Auditor?
The qualification process is valuable for people who want to use SPI to accompany financial service providers or to use it internally in their own organizations. As SPI Qualified Auditor, you can:
- Perform reliable audits with quality results
- Support efficiently the process of the audit for an FSP and guide teams to get accurate and useful results to improve practices, share with their Board and other stakeholders
- Deepen understanding about how to use the results for strategic decision-making
- Supervise SPI audits
- Conduct SPI and SPM awareness-raising trainings
- Be part of the CERISE SPI community with privileged access to SPI training materials
- Contribute to shaping the knowledge and learning around social performance management and the Universal Standards
Terms and Conditions for SPI Qualified Auditors
CERISE distinguishes between external auditors and internal auditors. The latter work inside a financial service provider and are qualified to conduct SPI audits within their institution.
All SPI Qualified auditors agree to respect CERISE’s Terms and Conditions to ensure the highest quality standards when it comes to the audit process:.
Last update in June 2020:
- Terms and Conditions for SPI Qualified External Auditors
- Terms and Conditions for SPI Qualified Internal Auditors