MetODD-SDG is an assessment tool that lets mission-driven business measure their contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals. MetODD-SDG is a list of micro-level indicators for SDG Targets. Pilot testing is underway - download the tool and send us your feedback!
Developed collaboratively, iteratively
MetODD-SDG draws on recent impact measurement initiatives from the private sector including UN Global Compact SDG Compass, UNPRI, GIIN, SPTF, HIPSO and CSAF.
CERISE and its working group iteratively defined a list of indicators covering 73 Targets for 16 of the 17 SDGs.
MetODD-SDG was created with the support of the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs.
Why use MetODD-SDG?
MetODD-SDG is the only list of micro-level indicators for SDG Targets.
– Applicable to all mission-driven organizations
– A limited number of simple operational indicators adapted to most situations
– Aligned with international standards including the IRIS Catalog of generally-accepted performance metrics
– A logical selection of indicators to measure from intention to impact
– Indicators structured in six categories, from simple to more complex-learn as you go
OUTPUTS – OUTCOMES – IMPACT
Start from your social mission or impact thesis.
Open MetODD-SDG and identify the SDGs you believe to contribute to. Verify by checking at the target level the ones that fits with your own social mission.
From there, select a range of indicators from 6 categories to measure outputs to impact:
– Who are you reaching?
– How much are you producing?
– What changes are you having through your business operations?
– How do you ensure your product is accessible?
– What changes are you having on beneficiaries?
– What contribution to the SDGs at the national level? What impact?