By Cerise SDG Lab, in collaboration with the e-MFP Investors Action Group and SPTF.
On September 13th and 20th, 2022, Cerise SDG Lab hosted two webinars with investors and financial service providers to discuss the way to harmonize and push for outcomes management.
Both workshops will contribute toward a minimum set of standard indicators to collect outcomes data that would support financial institutions’ strategic and operational decision-making and ease the reporting to the various investors. Discussions will help to prepare standard indicators to be collected on SPI Online, to produce “Sustainability/Outcomes” reports, aligned with the SDGs.
And find below all speakers’ presentations and Zoom replays.
Session #1 with Investors (Sept. 13th)
- Spencer MacColl, Director of Impact at Kiva
- Setha Eng, Technical Assistance Associate at Incofin
- Edouard Sers, Head of Risk, Compliance and Impact at FGCA
- Anaïs Dufour, Chargée de Performance Sociale et Environnementale at SIDI.
- What outcome data do investors need and value?
- What outcome data do investors manage to collect?
- What are the bottlenecks?
- Which support/TA to improve data collection and analysis?
- Which ideal set of standards outcomes indicators should be pushed for decision-making and reporting?
This webinar will contribute to moving towards a minimum set of standard indicators to collect outcomes data that would support financial institutions’ strategic and operational decision-making and ease the reporting to the various investors. Discussions will help to prepare standards indicators to be collected on SPI Online, to produce a Sustainability/Outcomes report, aligned with the SDG.
Session #2 with Financial Service Providers (Sept. 20th)
- Calum Scott, Social impact across the Opportunity Global network
- Yamini Annadanam, Ankuram Social Ventures
- David Njiru, Chief Business Officer Juhudi Kilimo Kenya
- Lebo Mahlalela, Research officer, Social Performance SEF South Africa
- What is your current experience as financial service providers?
- Which client data are you collecting?
- How do you use the data, what is the value and limits of collecting client outcomes data?
- What would be your ideal future on outcomes management?